Kamrad.ru

дневники | кабинет | регистрация | календарь | участники | faq | правила | поиск | фотоальбом | каська | выйти
Kamrad.ru Kamrad.ru » Тематические форумы » RPG » Fallout CLUB » The Original Language of Fallout (only!)
новая тема  ответить следующая тема | предыдущая тема
Автор
  << < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
Kozzak - offline Kozzak
05-02-2003 21:11 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Украинский камрад

Hey, guys, I’m back!
(Though Mx didn’t include me in his list of the persons he wants to come back )
So what were you speaking about? Books? Well, I personally have an access to many books in English, since my friend works as a librarian in our University. But to my regret those books are mostly classics, written many decades ago, and I prefer modern books, where one can learn new words and slang, used in everyday informal conversations. Thus, I share the opinion that the best way out is to download e-books.
Regarding the authors I give preference to Stephen King & John Grishem (though it’s quite a problem to find their books available for free downloading). And what authors do you like most?

PS. I think Lengra's I used to read lot's of sci-fi book in electronic version becose it's cheaper is quite OK, if lot's were substituted for lots and becose for because. Am I wrong?

Mx - offline Mx
05-02-2003 22:50 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Mad fancier

Kozzak
Mx didn’t include me in his list of the persons he wants to come back
I couldn't physically list all the people I wanted to talk to, thus I've just said "and so on", which I think fits adequately.

what authors do you like most?
The best modern books I've read in english are "Moon Palace" and "Music of Chance" both by Paul Auster. Also "Fade" by Robert Cormier is a great one. I've listed these here before. I don't know if you'll like this kind of plot (which is pretty alternative), but the way it's written is also makes it pleasant to read it. All of them. I've finished "Music of Chance" over two nights only.

Am I wrong?
As I said before, I'm not sure, but in general it still seems like something's missing.

VorteX DrAgON - offline VorteX DrAgON
06-02-2003 03:14 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Дракон царских кровей
Droplet Keeper forever

Mx
Все что тебе надо, это хотя бы раз в два дня появляться там, чтобы не умереть от одиночества, а ты я как посмотрю, каждый день здесь есть. Так что не отмазывайся

This phrase is too hard for me to translate it in english.

NikS*urban* - offline NikS*urban*
06-02-2003 10:14 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Призрак Опера

Mx
The best modern books I've read in english are "Moon Palace" and "Music of Chance" both by Paul Auster. Also "Fade" by Robert Cormier is a great one. I've listed these here before. I don't know if you'll like this kind of plot (which is pretty alternative), but the way it's written is also makes it pleasant to read it. All of them. I've finished "Music of Chance" over two nights only.

Would you mind telling what are they about and what exactly does [i]this kind of plot (which is pretty alternative)/[i] mean?

Kozzak - offline Kozzak
06-02-2003 19:23 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Украинский камрад

Mx
Since I like alternative music, I think alternative books will also appeal to me. But I've never heard of Paul Auster; where can I download his books?

Mx - offline Mx
06-02-2003 21:42 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Mad fancier

NikS*urban*
The Moon Palace is a story of a person, which is very original. He aced the very prestigious college and then he began living in the streets. The point is that many of Paul Auster's books (and this one too) are about US western deserted places (by the way, Fallout takes place there), which I'm fond of (you can see it in my journal). Thus in all of them you get the feeling of this deserted atmosphere, which means very much for me. The person in Moon Palace then meets his employer, a very old handicapped man, who tells him something else. This "something else" is the second part of the whole story. There is also the third part, where his father tells him about his past. Music of Chance is has very original plot, and I don't wanna tell it, because it can ruin the impression :

Kozzak
Maybe it's not alternative in your way of thinking, but for me it's special. I've never found them available for download, thus I think you can only depend on websites which sell books or just some bookstores.

Lengra - offline Lengra
09-02-2003 19:16 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Снегурочка
Зевучесть кошачья

Spelling... It's my weakest side

Mx
I hate deserts. I see deserted places every day. I live here! I hate it. But, may be, US western deserted places differ from Arabian ones.

Изменено: Lengra, 09-02-2003 в 20:00

Mx - offline Mx
09-02-2003 19:51 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Mad fancier

Lengra
It's different if you live there and you hate it. I've always lived in big cities and I want to go somewhere to the west. There is actually a difference. Here, you can drive on the empty road in the empty space, under the empty sky miles and miles (and it's not a sand desert, it's a rock desert with canyons), and suddenly some wooden bar or motel will appear by the road, where you can stop and spend a night, or eat something. It's mostly hot, and you're free to go anywhere and do anything. Okey, this appears to be a long story, thus I'm not going to tell everything

Kangax - offline Kangax
09-02-2003 20:18 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Hey guys...
Can anybody tell me what's going on over here...
I mean... What's all this topic for and why is it all in English???

Mx - offline Mx
10-02-2003 00:09 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Mad fancier

Kangax
This topic is for speaking english

Lengra - offline Lengra
10-02-2003 08:19 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Снегурочка
Зевучесть кошачья

Kangax
why is it all in English???
Why not?

Mx
and it's not a sand desert, it's a rock desert with canyons
Very slight difference. Here are also lot of rocks and no sand dunes. But I understand what you mean

Kozzak - offline Kozzak
10-02-2003 20:13 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Украинский камрад

Lengra
I can understand you. For us it’s quite exotic to find ourselves in such kind of deserts, but to live there every day may really turn oppressive one day. But at least you may be glad to live in the lands similar to those where Fallout took place

To All
Do you guys know where one can find original English translation of Fallout 2? (Well, I know that it’s not a translation at all, but I think it would sound clearer . I’m eager to start the game again and this time to discover all the correct meanings and original jokes of the game, lost or cut out by translators.

Mx - offline Mx
10-02-2003 20:45 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Mad fancier

Kozzak
You can use our kamrad project - english texts for fallout 2. It's located here: f2etp.narod.ru
Or if you'll look at the Fallout Club forum, you'll find many topics, where people ask for translations, and usually Конь answers them by giving a link to some website with other translations (which you might prefer).

Текущее время: 16:00 << < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
новая тема  ответить следующая тема | предыдущая тема

Перейти:

версия для печати   отправить эту страницу по e-mail   подписаться на эту тему