Вот еще выходит чудо:
• Cross Racing Championship on PC.
Utilizing the next generation of the Invictus Engine which incorporates its new real-time physics module, Cross Racing Championship (CRC) will allow the player to experience the thrills of high-speed on and off road racing across vast open terrains.
• The player can contest over 60 races across six distinct environments, ranging from icy mountainous regions and lush countryside to parched desert areas and beaches. CRC will appeal to Rally fans and road-racing fans with its crossover approach to vehicles and race circuits.
• CRC features multiplayer action and extensive set-up options which are an integral part of the game, along with realistic real-time damage and stunning graphical effects including High Dynamic Range imaging, bump mapping, dynamic environmental reflections and motion blur and dynamic and automatic image contrast balancing.
• The vehicles are fully user-customisable, both in their appearance and performance, using an intuitive and powerful interface. The game also features TV replay options and realistic sound effects.
• Technical Specifications:
• AI drivers have the ability to learn the various tracks to offer the player a realistic and continually challenging racing experience.
• AI drivers can react emotionally and can become angry or they can be affraid of the player and can be as unpredictable as human players.
• Real time environment mapping
• High Dynamic Range imaging
• Bump mapping
• Specular highlights
• Flare and Glow effects
• Animated textures
• Pixel shader water reflection effects for lakes, rivers, ponds and Waterfalls
• Motion Blur
• Noise Effects
• Automatic Contrast Balancing
• Incredibly accurate handling system
• Realtime damage system
• 100% simulation, no cheat forces.
• Dynamic modelling of tyres, surfaces and aero-dynamics
• Multiple gameplay modes including various single player and multiplayer dedicated game modes.
• Non linear career mode
• Special “hot seat” and other multiplayer modes
• Fully player customisable cars including Race Number, decals, paint job and performance tuning.
• Highly detailed interiors, particle effects, detailed car components including articulated suspension systems and glowing disc brakes
• Detailed and living environments
Q- What is CRC about?
A- CRC is a Motorsport game, where the player begins his/her career as an amateur Autocross racer and races through 65 various racing events for ultimately becoming the "Cross Racing Champion". These 65 races will include: Autocross, Rallycross, Off-Road, Rally-Sprint, Rally, Road Racing and finally the championship ends in tough Circuit Racing. The prize is not just fame and fortune, but a Classic T8 super-car!
Q- When can I download the Demo of CRC?
A- The Demo will be ready from download in Q4 2004.
Q- When and where can I buy CRC?
A- CRC will be in the retail stores from Q4 2004 and from Q1 2005 in certain territories.
Q- How many game-modes and racing types does CRC include?
A- You can play in Non-Linear Carrier, Quick Race, Time Trial, Hot Seat, Free Ride and Multiplayer.
In these modes, there are 3 game-modes such as: Cross Racing, Knock-out and Hit&Swap mode.
Q- How many cars will CRC include?
A:- In default there are 8 cars in CRC, and there will be plenty to download from this site, made by Invictus and fans.
Q- What are the minimum and recommended hardware requirements of the game?
A:- The supported systems are:
- Supported operating systems: Windows® 98/ME/XP/2000
- CPU: Pentium® III 1 GHz/AMD 1000 or better (Pentium IV 2.0 GHz/AMD Athlon 2100 or better recommended)
- RAM: 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- Video card: DirectX® 9.0 compatible 3D card with 64 Mb video Ram (128 MB Video Ram recommended)
- Supported chipsets: ATI Radeon 8500 or better (ATI Radeon 9600 recommended)
NVidia GeForce2 MX or better (GeForce 4 Ti recommended)
- Sound Car: DirectX 9.0 compatible soundcard
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0 or better
- CD-ROM: 4X or faster
- HDD Space: 800 Mb.
- Multiplayer: up to 8 players TCP/IP/LAN
Глянул видеоролик: на кольце вроде как неплохо смотрится. Ну а заявы по поводу физики только по демке подтвердить можно будет. Несколько смущают скромные железные требования, но тот же ГТР, судя по деме, тоже немного требует (чего не скажешь об РБР).